At Cuddles Foundation, our mission is to bring holistic nutritional support to every child fighting cancer in India.
We work through partnerships with 30+ government and charitable hospitals across India that treat underprivileged children for cancer. Our nutritionists, trained specifically for Paediatric Cancer Nutrition, are placed in these government hospitals, and they monitor the child’s progress, create diet plans and nutritional charts, counsel their parents and educate them in home-based nutrition. We provide children undergoing treatment with food, hot meals, nutritional supplements and ration baskets as per their requirements so that the kids have the strength to fight cancer. Food Heals.
About the Role – Head of Programs (15+ Years of Experience)
The Head of Programs is possibly the most pivotal leadership role at Cuddles. Programs is at the heart of all that we do. The Head of Programs will oversee these three key functions – Nutrition, Technology and Research.
As Programs Head, you’ll be responsible for the efficacy of all our nutrition programs and ensure that they are aligned to deliver maximum impact to all our beneficiaries. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the technology we use is aiding your team and improving efficiencies.
As Programs Head, you will also be responsible for our thought leadership in Paediatric Oncology and in ensuring that we set global benchmarks in the way we use nutrition to fight childhood cancer.
- Design strategy – You’ll design innovative ideas, strategies and direction for expansion/new interventions while steering the team in the right direction (including future expansion into other locations and managing other diseases that are in alignment with the vision)
- Key stakeholder management – You’ll manage and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders such as doctors, hospitals, partner NGOs etc.
- Program management – You’ll work with multiple teams such as Finance – for budgets and utilisations, Fundraising – for utilisation and donor reports, Legal – since we work in a highly regulated environment, HR and Marketing
- Responsible fund utilisation – You’ll plan efficient budget allocation, resource utilisation and effective program delivery
- Impact measurement – You’ll ensure that we constantly measure impact and that donors and other teams are aligned with it
- Managing tech – You’ll manage the FoodHeals App, ensuring that it has an efficient build and that it is heading in the right direction (technology-wise).
- Ability to see through and solve complex interdependent issues
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead large teams
- Enthusiasm for tech and tech solutions
- Project management experience across multiple teams
Who is this role for?
- Someone who has led large teams in the past and has project management and business consulting experience
- Someone with a corporate background or with an experience at a start-up
- Someone who is looking for a purpose/mission-driven role. This is an opportunity to create a dent in the universe!
- Someone who can commit to this role full-time and at least for the next three years
Who is this role not for?
Understandably, such an opportunity may not be for everybody, and hence if one or more of the following statements applies to you, then this opportunity may not be for you:
- You expect corporate/market associated perks and salaries
- You are driven by logic and numbers ONLY. This role requires someone with an unusual level of empathy. The person would be leading a 70+ team of young people with diverse life situations
- You are risk-averse or find it tough to work in extra challenging, pressure-cooker environments beyond a point
- You are an individual contributor and don’t thrive with people