As a Social Media Associate for Cuddles Foundation, you will be responsible for the growth and management of our communities of supporters and beneficiaries on social media. You will work closely with the marketing and communication team to create engaging content for our social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated, brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with our supporters.
- You will set and implement social media campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- You will create dynamic written, graphic, and video content for all our social media accounts.
- You’ll always push the envelope to increase our following and engagement on these accounts including managing paid promotions, influencer partnerships
- You will create and own a content calendar for all our social platforms
- You’ll answer queries from supporters and followers that come in via social media or google reviews
- You’ll participate in internal/external events to build our community and boost brand awareness
- You’ll liaise with Programs, Fundraising and HR teams to stay updated on new programs, campaigns and features that can be shared on social media
- You’ll use Google and social media analytics to measure the success of campaigns and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- You’ll stay up-to-date with digital technology trends to make sure we are on point, always
- Marketing or Social Media Marketing degree preferred
- 1-3 years of professional experience as a community manager/content developer/social media executive
- Experience writing copy for marketing purposes with an ability to vary copy voice and tone to align with various audiences
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- A sense of humour
You can get stuff done.
You are known for your ability to engage, network and collaborate to solve a problem.
You care about the details.
You can spot a typo from a mile, including the one in this sentence.
You are not afraid to express yourself.
You are not afraid to share a different opinion or make things better. And, you do so with poise, confidence and respect for others.
You take the initiative.
You are a self-starter, not waiting for permission to get going. You see something broken, you fix it.
You thrive in a collaborative space.
You are excited about collaborating with others in your team. It doesn’t matter who came up with the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end goal than personal recognition.