At Cuddles Foundation, we work through partnerships with government and charitable hospitals to bring holistic nutrition to children with cancer. We’re looking for a Senior Finance Manager to manage our resources effectively and efficiently.
As the Senior Finance Manager, you will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyse financial reports and forecasts. You are a people person, at ease with collaborating with senior management and various departments. You’re highly detail-oriented and possess sharp business acumen.
- You will be responsible for a 3-4 member finance team and oversee all financial-legal compliance matters, internal controls and audits, reporting, banking relationships and payments. You will do so while ensuring the authenticity, integrity, existence, accuracy, authorisation and verifiability of all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system.
- You will ensure accuracy, completeness, consistency and timeliness of all service tax matters & TDS/PF matters including applicability, preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual returns and compliance at the transaction level.
- You will work with company advisors to ensure all corporate tax matters are appropriately handled, including but not limited to the filing of returns, tax audit reports and documentation. You will liaise with bankers and manage banking relationships, access to online banking, account opening/closure, statements, confirmations etc.
- You will be responsible for treasury management – managing funds by forecasting cash flows, setting limits for maximum balances and placing surplus/idle funds in Fixed Deposits.
- You will manage all payments to vendors and employees and oversee related internal controls to ensure compliance.
- You will lead the annual budgeting process. You will work with department heads and project managers to ensure the annual budget and annual forecast is complete, timely and accurate. You will also prepare the budgets for donor proposals.
- You will be in charge of donor reporting and resource utilisation and will be executing utilisation reports for donors. You will keep a keen eye on budgets allocation, under and over utilisation of the same.
- You will ensure that all financial activities and transactions comply with various legal provisions, ethical standards and industry best practices.
- You will lead and manage all internal and statutory audits, ensure timely preparation of financial statements and related schedules, and timely completion of audits.
- You will play a super-user role for Tally, ensuring full utilisation of its capabilities, including improving and managing access controls, posting of vouchers, password management, report customisation, mappings, backups, etc.
- You are a qualified Chartered Accountant/ Cost Accountant/ Masters or MBA in Finance.
- You have between 3-5 years’ experience in the finance function for a non-profit with a strong understanding of accounting concepts, principles and compliance as it relates to non-profits; including FCRA.
- People go to you when they have a question about Tally. You have expert knowledge of all its features and functionalities.
- You are at ease with using Microsoft Excel, decoding complex spreadsheets, using macros and complicated formulae.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate decisions. You have the necessary soft skills required to maintain high-level relationships across a range of stakeholders, including peers and senior management.
- You have a high level of commitment and integrity.
You’re great with people.
You have excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and adaptability to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
You get things done.
You have excellent prioritising and time management skills. You live for hitting deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule.
You are a self-starter.
You take the initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done. You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
You have remarkable attention to detail.
You are highly detail-oriented, analytical and logic-driven in your approach. You are quick to see a problem and solve it.
This opportunity is for those located in Mumbai only.