As a Copywriter for Cuddles, you will write authentic and inspiring content for all external and internal communication. Through your words you will bring alive our mission and impact on our website, email campaigns, social channels, blog, and much more. You’ll report to the Head of Communication, making sure we are always on-point and effective.
- Write copy for all our collaterals such as marketing campaigns, emails, pitch decks, fundraising letters, grant proposals, and web pages.
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that aligns to our brand voice and drives action
- Ideate, plan, and create content for large fundraising and awareness campaigns, and key moments throughout the year
- Develop creative headlines, email subject lines, and social media captions
- Ensure our content is always short, sharp and to the point.
- Become an expert in our voice and tone
- Continue to evolve our brand voice, always representing the organisation’s values
- Establish a writing style guide for Cuddles, and mentor the larger team to incorporate this style in their work
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Diverse portfolio of copywriting for the web, print, advertising, email, and social
- Ability to vary copy voice and tone to align with various audiences
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience in writing copy for marketing purposes
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing
- A sense of humor
You are an amazing writer with excellent editing skills
You can cut down on your words without a heartburn
You can polish up someone else’s work
You can make a simple email sound stunning
You care about the details
You can spot a typo from a mile
You are not afraid to express yourself
You are not afraid to share a different opinion or make things better. And, you do so with poise, confidence and respect for others.
You take the initiative
You are a self-starter, not waiting for permissionto get going. You see something broken, you fix it.
You thrive in a collaborative space
You are excited about collaborating with others in your team. It doesn’t matter who came up with the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end goal than personal recognition.