Cuddles is a new age Charity or Social Impact Organisation. Since in many ways we are path-breaking we are looking for the mavericks, the ambitious, the dreamers of the world to come and join our team and constantly push the boundaries of chasing good. As a Cuddles Nutritionist, you’ll get a chance to improve the lives of young children battling cancer, at some of the best government and charity cancer hospitals in the country. So, being highly organised, flexible and able to prioritise effectively will be vital.
- You’ll manage out-patients and in-patients in the Pediatric Oncology and Hematology departments.
- You’ll assess the child’s health needs and diet, complying with guidelines outlined in our training manual. This includes anthropometric examinations, such as measuring height, weight, BMI, and assessing the child’s nutritional status and deficiencies.
- You’ll develop diet plans for every child, involving the child and the family, and based on a careful analysis of their medical condition and required growth and development.
- You’ll maintain detailed records of your counsel for the purpose of mapping success, monitoring and evaluation, and publishing case studies.
- You’ll conduct weekly group counselling sessions and Parent Support Group meets to help caregivers cope with treatment conditions and inspire good food habits to prevent or manage infections.
- You will be responsible for the distribution of aid initiated by Cuddles at the hospital, including monthly ration, eggs, bananas, dry fruits, milk, etc.
- You’ll participate in meetings and training programs conducted by the organisation and be open to learning, assignments and evaluations.
- You’ll keep up with the latest nutritional science research.
- As a representative of Cuddles at the hospital, you will work in collaboration with the doctors and nurses at the hospital, while reporting to your team lead on a regular basis.
- You’ll ensure patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory compliance, and efficient use of resources.
- You have a Master’s or Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, with at least a 6-month internship at a multispecialty hospital and 1-year work experience.
- You are fluent in the local language of the city where the hospital is.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- You can commit to at least 18-months of work with Cuddles, if not more.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- You can work in a team and have a strong work ethic.
You’re a great listener
A large part of your work as a pediatric nutritionist will depend on what children tell you or don’t tell you. You have to be empathetic to what they and their parents are going through.
You are an influencer, a champion for good nutrition at all times
You are a champ at influencing people. People come to you for advice. You will be influencing parents, children and doctors in your day-to-day work and inspiring them to follow good nutrition practices. You believe food heals.
You have a knack for dealing with kids
You are patient and compassionate. You can tell a good story and inspire children to eat right. You don’t talk down to them. You are their advocate and friend.
Data doesn’t scare you
You will have to keep a keen eye on nutritional data, malnourishment status, calorie counts and deficiencies, of your patients.
You have a knack for technology
We love tech when it makes your life easy. We use it to solve the malnutrition problem in critical illness through our FoodHeals App. You will be using this in your day-to-day work.
You’re a stickler for organising things
You have remarkable attention to the smallest details and meticulous organisational skills. Your closet and drawers are a testament to this skill: when something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can manage schedules, prioritise your work and follow it through with minimum supervision.
This opportunity is for those located in or willing to relocate to the cities where the vacancies exist. Local language proficiency is mandatory. Current openings at:
- Society for Rehabilitation of Crippled Children (SRCC), Mumbai
- KEM Hospital, Pune