The Accounting Manager will oversee our general accounting operations including reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger, and preparing month-end close procedures.
As manager, you combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyse financial reports and forecasts. You are a people person, at ease with collaborating with senior management and various departments. You’re highly detail-oriented, and possess a sharp business acumen.
- You will be responsible for all financial-legal compliance matters, internal controls and audits, reporting, banking relationships and payments, while ensuring the authenticity, integrity, existence, accuracy, authorization and verifiability of all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system.
- You will ensure accuracy, completeness, consistency and timeliness of all service tax matters & TDS matters including applicability, reverse charge, monthly deposit and half-yearly returns and compliance at transaction level and petty cash handling in the office.
- You will work with company advisors to ensure all corporate tax matters are appropriately handled, including but not limited to filing of returns, tax audit reports, transfer pricing reports and documentation. You will liaise with bankers and manage the banking relationships, access to online banking, account opening/closure, FIRCs, statements, confirmations etc.
- You will be responsible for treasury management – managing funds by forecasting cash flows, setting limits for maximum balances and placing surplus/idle funds in Fixed Deposits.
- You will manage all payments to vendors and employees and set up SLAs and related internal controls to ensure compliance.
- You will lead the annual budgeting process. You will work with department heads and project managers to ensure the annual budget and annual reforecast is complete, timely and accurate.
- You will lead and manage all internal and statutory audits, ensure timely preparation of financial statements and related schedules, and timely completion of audits.
- You will play a super-user role for Tally and ensuring full utilization of its capabilities, including improving and managing access controls, posting of vouchers, password management, report customization, mappings, backups, etc.
- You will ensure that all financial activities and transactions comply with various legal provisions, ethical standards and industry best practices.
- You have 2-3 years of accounting experience as a qualified Chartered Accountant.
- You have a superior understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- People go to you when they have a question about Tally. You have expert knowledge of all its features and functionalities.
- You are at ease with using Microsoft Excel, decoding complex spreadsheets, using macros and complicated formulae.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate decisions. You have the necessary soft skills required to maintain high-level relationships across a range of stakeholders including peers and senior management.
- You have a high level of commitment and integrity.
You’re great with people.
You have excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and adaptability to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
You get things done
You have excellent prioritizing and time management skills. You live for hitting deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule.
You are a self-starter
You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done. You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
You have remarkable attention to detail
You are highly detail-oriented, analytical and logic-driven in your approach. You are quick to see a problem and solve it.